Friday, July 9, 2010

London!

After the wedding we headed down to London to see Jonny, Charlotte, Naomi and James. We stayed with the Hendry's who are dear friends from many moons ago - I was in their wedding when I was 5! Crazy! They were so sweet to put us up as Jonny and Charlotte didn't really have enough room for us to stay so it worked out well. Unfortunately almost all the photos we have of our time with Jonny and Charlotte are with the kiddos which is great in theory, but not for anyone taking the time to read this! Unfortunately because of security I can't post photos of Naomi and James. But I can try to tell you all about them.

Naomi had her third birthday while we were there which was wonderful! She had such fun opening all her presents. I had no idea that it would take so long though for her to get through them all! She even opened all the cards before the presents, we were very impressed. We had bought Naomi a tea set and Great Granny got her a kettle which makes a boiling noise and a pouring noise - much more fun than when I was a kid that's for sure! Steven was a great sport and drank many imaginary cups of tea for hours on end! Each time we asked Naomi "can we have a cup of tea please?" she would say "of course you can!" in her sweet voice, or we would say, "Naomi can you clean up please?" "Of course I can!" I think it was more funny/cute in person than on paper but you get the idea! Jonny took the day off work and we all went to the park. Naomi had a blast playing hide and seek. She thought it was great to run into the middle of an open field and hide, burying her head in the grass thinking that if she couldn't see us then we couldn't see her! Fun times!

James is simply the cutest nephew ever (I can say that seeing as I only have one nephew at the moment). He is such a happy baby with the sweetest smile and giggle. We had lots of cuddles which was lovely. At the end of Tuesday evening Charlotte said "when we used to spend the day with other people's children before we had our own we were exhausted by the end of the day - is that happening with you?" As we sat slouched on the couch we just looked at each other and laughed, we were pooped! It was certainly a great form of birth control ;) It was so lovely to see the family, I only wished we all lived closer and could see more of each other.

On Wednesday Steven and I headed into the city to see friends. I met my dear friend Rachel for lunch and we went to a little tiny cafe where the food wasn't the best but the company was great! Steven went to an architecture museum while Rach and I caught up and then we all went for ice cream. Here is a photo of Rach and me, thanks for meeting up with us Rach!














After lunch Steven and I went to British museum in the sweltering London heat. I almost fainted walking around. Who knew that there wouldn't be any air conditioning?! Here is the British museum:














In the evening we met up with Jennie, Stewart, Emma and Neil. Jen and I are like sisters, and Em and I have known each other for years so it was nice to finally meet their other halves. We went for tapas. It was such a fun night although I forgot how expensive food/drink is in England! It was worth every penny though and we didn't want the evening to end. We only just made the last train back to where we were staying which added some drama to the evening! Thank you guys for taking time to hang out with us. Miss you already!

No comments:

Post a Comment