Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Trip Across the Pond!

We just got back from a wonderful trip to England for Liz and Tim's wedding and a whirlwind trip around the country to see family and friends. We had a great time although we both came home in need of another vacation as we were so tired from it all! Steven survived me taking him to where I grew up including Oak Hill College London (dad was a professor here until I was 7 years old), Hartford where I lived from the age of 7 until I was 18 and then Durham, where I went to university. We had great fun seeing old friends along the way and seeing family.

I hadn't realized how American I had become but apparently it is not simply my accent that has changed! It was a strange trip 'home' for me as for the first time since moving to the States, England actually felt like a foreign country. Everything was so small! Quite amusing really! Realizing we are spoiled, I am not ashamed to admit that we were very happy to be home in our King Size bed! It was also quite refreshing to realize that 'home' is now with Steven in Atlanta and I love it!

We spoiled ourselves over Liz's wedding weekend and stayed in a lovely bed and breakfast up on the moors. It truly was an amazing place, we only wish we had had more time there to enjoy the moors more. Here are some photos of our room and the view:
































The weather was absolutely amazing for our entire week! Here we were with a suitcase full of layers for the cold rainy English weather that we have come to expect in England, and we ended up needing clothes for Florida weather - amazing! Although with no air conditioning it was quite the killer!


Liz and Tim's wedding was simply marvelous! The bride looked stunning and the wedding went off without a hitch. It was such an honor to be one of the bridesmaids as Liz and I have been through so much together over the years and she was in our wedding two years ago. Thank you Liz! Below are the bridesmaids with the bride, and the bride and groom with me.
































It was great fun to see my dear friend Amy from college (below) too at the the wedding. There wasn't enough time to catch up with each other but we did a pretty a good job!
















Steven got to dance his first Ceilidh too but unfortunately I don't have any photos documenting it. It was so much fun!




From the wedding we headed down to London to see Jonny, Charlotte, Naomi and James, but that will have to be saved for another day as I need to go to sleep!

2 comments:

  1. Han, you looked gorgeous!!! Congrats on starting your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea!! Love and miss you lots and thank you for making the trip! It wouldn't have been the same without you there!! Liz xxx

    ReplyDelete