Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Few Final Tidbits from England!

While we were at Granny's house Steven and I went to the pub across the street to see if we could watch some of the World Cup. It is a quiet pub but we had gone there last time we were at Granny's and loved it so we decided to go back. We arrived and it was surprisingly quiet. After ordering a beer for Steven, wine for me and chocolate cake (amazing!) to share, we headed through the pub to try and find somewhere to sit. We found a room with nice couches and a TV which, to our horror, was not turned on! So we promptly put on the footy and enjoyed the game with a few interruptions from other guys who were jealous that we had found the TV while they were having to sit through family dinner! The room we were in was entertaining too with an old English phone box in it!


The final stop on our whirlwind tour of England was to Hartford where I spent my teenage years. We made a few impromptu stops at various people's houses and saw people who I hadn't seen in years. It was strange going back to Hartford for the first time in ten years, but it didn't really feel like I had been gone for that long other than the fact that all the trees seemed to have grown - funny huh?!

Here is Hartford church where dad was vicar for 13 years. I had always dreamed of getting married in this church (for obvious reasons) but, sadly, that could not be. But my other dream did come true...Steven finally got to see the church where I have so many memories.




Here is the new church hall which is just being completed. Awesome to see how the church is continuing to grow!



This is the house we used to live in right opposite the church:


And here is the post office next door to our house where we would run to get chocolate after school before mum and dad got home!


After a quick tour of Hartford we went for a cook out (or BBQ for all my English friends!) at Amie's house. Amie and I were at high school together and I miss her terribly! It was fun to be able to spend time with her family as I hadn't seen them in a long time. Steven had fun watching the footy with Martin (Amie's dad) too while us girls caught up! I would post a picture of us all but we all looked so awful in it that people might not forgive me for posting it! Amie played chef too - very impressive. We both had a great evening and didn't want to leave by the end!




We spent the night in Hartford with friends and then flew out the following morning from Manchester.

It was such a quick trip but, as you can see, we managed to squeeze in lots. Sorry to all those people we didn't get to see - we love you and there will always be next time! We are now back in the baking heat of Georgia and are happy to be home. England will always have a special place in my heart but, I am happy to call Atlanta "home" for Steven and me... at least for the time being ;)

2 comments:

  1. Han, LOVE all the photos!!! It's such fun to see your "other" life before I knew you :) Glad home is here in ATL now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. You're a great blogger :)

    ReplyDelete